All staff and students at Nichols Point place great emphasis on building relationships with each other and working in inclusive learning teams.
All students in 2014 will be involved in developing their social and emotional intelligence through explicitly taught lessons.
The Whole School implementation of the ‘Bounce Back’ program aims to cover the following wellbeing areas:
· developing positive and pro-social values
· developing strategies for coping and bouncing back
· finding courage in everyday life as well as in difficult circumstances
· optimistic thinking and looking on the bright side
· amplifying positive emotions and managing negative emotions
· developing relationship skills
· using humour as a coping tool
· skills for countering bullying
· skills and attitudes for being successful.