The Parents Association is an organisation that does not require you to be elected but is representative of all parents. The meetings are relatively informal and are held on the second Tuesday of each month. New members are always welcome. The Parents Association is an easy and informal way of contributing to the development of the school.
The Aims and Objectives of the Parents Association are:
- To provide an opportunity for all parents to discuss issues concerned with the welfare and the general education policy of the school, and to assist in the development of a shared parent view.
- To elect members of the Parent Association, other than members of the staff of the school to the School Council as a direct Parent Association representative, according to the School Council’s constituting order.
- To liaise regularly with the Principal and the School Council.
- To receive funds and with the approval of the School Council, raise funds and expend funds for the benefit of the school.
- To convey proposals on school policy and other school matters to the School Council.
- To provide training programs and information sessions for parents to extend their understanding of school issues.
- To assist in the co-ordination of school activities and to liaise with other state bodies organised to promote the welfare of all state schools.