The School Council is the official governing body representing the school. It is composed of eight parents and three teachers elected by the school community. The Principal is automatically a member of the School Council. Co-opted members are elected by the School Council. Approximately half the parent-councillors retire at 31st March each year and elections to fill the vacancies are held each March. New Parents are always welcome at School Council and are eligible to apply for election each year. Parents may attend meetings but may only vote if an elected member of the Council.
SCHOOL COUNCIL ELECTIONS:
Elections for School Council take place in March each year. The Principal is responsible for conducting School Council elections as set down in the regulations under the Education Act.
The School Council has wide responsibilities in the following areas:
· Determining the educational policy of the school within government guidelines.
· Planning and organising school finances.
· Stimulating community interest in the school.
· Planning, developing and maintaining school resources, including the buildings and grounds.
· Employing ancillary staff.
· Selection of a school principal if necessary.
School Council Sub-Committees operating are:
· Policy & Programs